This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

How Do I Get Started with the HOL?

Sep 22, 2010 at 11:17 AM

I've read the guidance document and I've extracted the HOL to C:\HOL but I fail to understand what I should do next?

Is there a readme for how to setup the HOL and where to get started?

Sep 22, 2010 at 11:52 AM

I've found the hands on lab document but in going throught the first exercise I stuck at the following step. It says to select 14 files...but the screenshot (figure 5) only show 5 files selected. What are the other 9 files?

1. In the tree control Tables branch (Figure 5), select all 14 files under the Tables, Constraints, Indexes, and Keys nodes that are related to the dbo.ChunkData, dbo.ChunkSegmentMapping, and dbo.Segment tables, and then click Finish.
Developer
Sep 22, 2010 at 11:56 AM

Hi John,

once you extracted the HOL files, you can in addition grab the following documents for the scenarios:

http://vsdatabaseguide.codeplex.com/releases/50499/download/142059 (It´s the HOL documentation document)

It contains several scenarios covering the sub topics of the guidance document.

Let me know if you hav any other questions.

-Jens

Developer
Sep 22, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Hi John,

you are right, there are only 3 tables, 5 files selected on the screenshot (that is only due to the limited size of the modal window) but there are more than 5 files which are dependent (like constraints etc.). The dependent files should be be easily detectable through the name,;the first part is the schema name, the second the table name, the thrid part is the e.g. contraint name.

-Jens