I am new to Database Projects and I tried the example with adding a not-null column shown in the HOL document with using a temp table on our own database.
It does not work.
What I found out is that the deploy engine creates the following actions:
- It checks if there is data in the table where I added the column. If there is then it stops!!!!!
- Then it tries to drop all foreign key constraints which I dropped before in my pre script. There is an error and the deployment breaks!!!!
What I tried in my pre script was as in the example in the HOL document:
- Create a temp table.
- Copy the data to the temp table.
- Drop all foreign key constraints
- Delete the old data so that the deploy engine would not stop.
So this cannot work. I don't know a solution.
I use Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance.